I think it's fair to say that its cold outside here in England and with Leeds reaching lows of -2 so far, it's been a great excuse to bring out my warm and snug turtleneck!
So, I thought I'd dedicate a post to the the Top Ten things I love about them!
- The come in all shapes and sizes and fit any body type! I'm talking, chunky, slim fit, cropped, dress form, long sleeved , short sleeves or even no sleeves at all!
- They are great for layering up, especially if it's mild enough not to wear a coat but cold enough to feel a breeze
- They can be dressed up for a day in the office or an evening out, but still comfy enough to lounge about in at home!
- They are excellent crumb catchers!
- Turtlenecks look really good with chunky or delicate necklaces, so it's really up to your taste how you accessorize them!
- They keep your neck warm without having to wear a scarf (win win if you ask me!)
- The colour range that can be found in the shops currently, is great! There are so many amazing colours, prints and textures to choose from, it's hard not to love them!
- The rolls at the neck are great for holding surprise sweets, pens or other small objects in... unless yours has pockets, which you can go ahead and use! haha
- Picking fluff off of the sleeves and body is a great pastime when dealing with awkward situations...
- And... You can only really wear them when it's colder, so make the most of it now! (Unless you live in England like me, where it's pretty much socially acceptable to wear them in July....)
|Turtlenecks in their natural habitat... Modelled by Ashley and Myself|
What's your winter essential?
© Made by Co-Ge 2014